Organic Vegetable Gardening
$15 cost of class
Have you ever wanted to produce your own food from your own land? Ever thought about what goes on your food but didn't know how to produce your own?
Well come to our Organic Vegetable Gardening class to learn how to start growing your own food year round in Florida. We will cover several topics involved with gardening.
- What is Organic Food?
- Parts of the plant
- How plants work
- Pest Identification
- Integrated Pest Management
- Soil Composition
- Nutrients (Macro and Micro)
- pH (What does pH mean and why is it important?)
- Water-Various examples of irrigation and how much.
- Styles of gardening - learn alternative, vertical, and small gardening strategies.
- Varieties of edible plants (annual and Perennial)
- Planting time
Short discussion on Sustainable Homesteading/Permaculture followed by a question and answer.