By-Laws of Code Green Community
Director's needed: At Code Green
Community we are a membership run organization. Our groups are formed
by regular members who want to take it upon themselves to take
leadership roles. All work is voluntary. The purpose of our work is to
organize a community from the grassroots level towards creating a energy
descent plan for the local community of Tampa Bay area and the
surrounding bio-region. This is the intentional goal, this goal can be
expanded upon first with success in the Tampa Bay area. Our goal is to
generate 15% of the population of Tampa bay area (Roughly total
3,000,000) ,which would total 450,000 people, to individual action
concerning climate change and peak oil. By doing individual actions and
working together as a community with a common purpose we feel we can
establish a movement towards this cause. We would like to transition our
local community away from fossil fuels and invite the public to
participate in this process.
Raise public awareness of the issues associated with climate change, the peaking of global oil supplies, and the related economic instability.
Encourage the formation of Working Groups to consider all aspects of life that our community needs to sustain itself and thrive in the face of these challenges.
Inspire our community to unleash the collective genius of our citizens to create a response that:
- dramatically reduces our carbon emissions (in response to climate change)
- significantly increases our resilience (in response to peak oil)
- greatly strengthens our local economy (in response to economic instability)
Collaborate and coordinate with governments, agencies, organizations, and other groups at local, regional, national and global levels as appropriate.
- Provide programs and events such as talks, film screenings, demonstrations, fairs, education and training.
- Provide communications and publicity such as websites, blogs, media articles and interviews, event calendars, and posters.
- Provide opportunities to share advice, guidance and training.
- Provide opportunities to share social events, entertainment and the arts, food and fun.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Transition Town Initiatives and others working with the Transition Model, at regional, national and global levels.
- Work with our community and neighborhoods to create an Energy Descent Action Plan and relocalization projects.
- Engage with other organizations, including government, citizen, nonprofit, and business in pursuit of its aims and objectives.
- Undertake all of the above in the spirit of fun, joy and support at coming together to co-create the future that we are visioning.
work to develop marketing and media for Code Green
Community. Maintain relationship with local reporters/community centers.
Create and develop viral marketing campaign throughout the Tampa Bay
Experience needed: Minimum knowledge of writing press releases. Prefered
Experience: Knowledge in creating youtube's
Organize and collaborate with local community's and churches
towards setting up public events relating to both Climate change and
Peak oil. These events will emphasis positive outlooks and how we can
collaborate together towards end results that produce yields for the
Any experience in community organizing would be beneficial.
Maintain website and keep up to date. Support and seek out new
contributors for the blog. Link up and organize website to maximize the
Treasury & Finance Director:
Maintain transparent budget reports for Code Green Community. Work
with other directors to fund projects/website.
Organize your own transition town by hosting events and
coordinating with the community director. The group of transition
leaders and a handful of community directors will work towards creating
projects that other towns can mimic and grow off of. Work with your
local community towards constructing a energy descent action plan.
ROLE: It's every members responsibility to blog what they do in their
own lives and feelings about the movement. By spreading a story, a
narrative of what it means to transition away from oil and why you do it
will generate a positive feedback cycle. People want to hear what a new
way of living looks like. It's up to every member to chronicle what
they do in their lives. Doing so inspires others. We can inspire other
communities towards action. We all know the problems, but come together
for the solutions.
Please contact the website at firstname.lastname@example.org
to inquire about leadership roles. If you feel something is missing or have a talent you would like to contribute somehow please contact as well. Everything to build up this movement and inspire action will be a great contribution.